Monday, April 12, 2010

on hiatus

Q & A
if you are gonna go through the effort of resizing and uploading pictures to a photo sharing website so you can embed them into your blog entry, shouldn't you have just gone ahead and finished making your lil' youtube video?
this one had been stagnating for a while already and there are other projects on which I wanna focus. Rather than continue to push back it's release date and having this annoying guilt gnawing away at me anthropomorphically, reckoned it was better for me to proverbially put this one on the proverbial back burner[1]


that's it? You only made 4 in the last 4 months and now you're quitting? Is ADW the new LEGOMAN?
maybe. LEGOMAN had a youtube and a myspace and a blog and a gmail account. Fun times and a learning experience. And don't tell me this isn't one of the best uses of a 15 minute coffee break ever:


only thing I really regret was never using all those Rob Schneider pictures I had. LEGOMAN loved Rob Schneider and would post one of his iconic characters in the movies section of his weekly myspace profile updates. I had amassed quite a collection of Rob Schneider photos, and was gonna have LEGOMAN use a still from a film as his movies section and a shot of Rob Schneider on a talk show or somewhere (being Rob Schneider and not a character) as his heroes section. LEGOMAN's infatuation with Rob Schneider was hilarious, and I had a ridiculous stock of Rob Schneider making funny faces pictures

when will you grace us with more ADWs?
no idea. Hopefully soon. I enjoy making these, but I gotta get started on this other project that has a deadline. Everything was just temporary 'til I got settled into my apartment in Mumbai, but that never happened. 2 months later I still don't have a plan, so might as well just chalk this one up as an L and focus on other things. Might be back in a week or two with this 'Merican or might get y'all a Muslim conqueror from the 500 - 1000 era. Whatever inspires me. Don't do hardly nothing outta obligation and I've already missed too many deadlines for those to be relevant
________________

this one is stuck in development hell. Was actually one of the first ADWs considered and caused me to open my brain and spew an entire tangential blog on the spot. Was hoping to find a better candidate to fill the allotted quota, but reckoned I had a sufficiently creative spin to render all objections moot. Off to a great start, innovated a bit with stop motion animation, and made a pair of pictures worth a thousand words. Check out these scathing images:




take that Maryland and 'Merica

also trashed Moses and big upped Toussaint Louverture. And called out Abe Lincoln for being racist. Abe Lincoln will get spared the wrath for now, but I'll give y'all this quote and let you try to interpret it as anything other than an eloquent way to say "WHITE POWER ! ! ! !"
I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races. I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will ever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. ... And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

not like that was taken outta context either (you can't take an entire paragraph outta context, an entire paragraph IS context). And not like that was the only time Honest Abe expressed his opinion on the matter. Plenty of quotes and votes and evidence of whatever type you want. Abe Lincoln was racist. Like, really really really really really racist. He'll be exposed for what he was soon 'nuff, but feel free to continue holding him in high regard 'til I get 'round to finishing and publishing this ADW. Hopefully that'll be soon, but I don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to completing tasks I postpone indefinitely. Ask me sometime 'bout that state quarters blog
________________

[1]have been proverbially doing things to the proverbial whatever since '07, but methinks it's high time I started emphasizing the anthropomorphical in overused metaphors. While coming up with original poetic phrases is unquestionably better, making fun of clichés is way easier. And I can totally justify it as community service because I am dissuading folks from being generic. Following the herd and not forging your own trail and marching to the beat of your own drum is a slippery slope to being a stick in the mud. JK! OMG! LOL!

No comments: