Monday, November 3, 2008

tryin' to bring sexyback

last week I was staying in Brooklyn and a friend recommended walking 'cross the bridge into Manhattan. So many people died and got "the bends" during its construction, gotta love feats of engineering with high body counts. Anywhoo . . . one of the signs from its centennial celebration in 1983 pointed out the various skyscrapers of the skyline. Recognized the name of one of 'em and proclaimed "hey, I know that building! I wrote the wikipedia entry for that building." Chuckled a bit and walked over the river. Downtown has lots more old and interesting things than does midtown, midtown architecture tends to be more of the giant rectangular style than the stone and gargoyle stuff in older areas. Was quite impressed with the carvings and metal stuff on this one building and then saw the name. "Hey, I wrote the wikipedia entry for that building too!" There weren't any pictures of all these cool details on the wikipedia though, just a crappy generic picture. Now here I was standing before the building that doesn't have any good pictures on the wikipedia. No excuses, I gotta start wikipediaing again. Had a buddy in Dubai who I tried to recruit into taking pictures of some of the Dubai skyscrapers that don't have good wikipedia pictures, but he declined. Now here I was in New York not taking pictures for the wikipedia either. And I had been in Chicago and not taken any pictures there either

haven't worked out since Puerto Rico either, but I'ma start overachieving again on at least one front ere I head back down to the Caribbean

No comments: